Rochester, NY 14618
Our orthodontic specialist
Dr. Jeffrey Arigo and our team
They are committed to keeping our patients not only motivated, but also educated about the benefits of orthodontic treatment — including metal braces, clear braces, and Invisalign® clear aligners — in a positive and caring atmosphere.
The relationship between the patient, parent, and orthodontic team is of critical importance, and we strive to nurture that relationship always.
VIEW OUR BEUTIFULL RESULTS!
“What a great start to my daughter’s treatment! The staff was attentive and informative, and Dr. Arigo gave us one-on-one attention that made her feel welcome and at ease.”
“Dr. Arigo’s office and staff are wonderful!
I couldn’t be more impressed and happy with the way Dr. Arigo runs his highly organized office.”
1901 Lac De Ville Blvd., Rochester, NY 14618
Frequently Asked Questions About Orthodontics
- ALWAYS remember to brush your teeth after every meal and floss at least once a day.
- Make sure to use toothpaste that contains fluoride, and ask our office or your family dentist if you need a fluoride rinse. This will help prevent cavities!
- If you take out your retainer to eat, make sure you brush your teeth, floss, and remember to keep the retainer safe in its container so it does not get lost or broken.
- Keep your retainer clean, too, by brushing it gently with a toothbrush and toothpaste.
- You may also soak it in denture cleaner as instructed by Dr. Arigo. Do not put your retainer in boiling water or in the dishwasher.
- During your treatment, try to avoid foods with a lot of sugar, which increases the amount of bacteria that grows in your mouth, and can cause more plaque and potential cavities.
- Avoid sticky and chewy foods (caramel, chewing gum, gummy bears), hard foods (hard candy, nuts, ice cubes), or any foods that could possibly get stuck in your braces (corn on the cob, soft bagels, ribs, taffy, etc.).
- Be sure to schedule your routine checkups with your family dentist. It is recommended that you continue to visit the dentist every six months.
Braces are used by an orthodontist to help you improve the look and feel of your smile. There are several different types of braces to choose from, including:
- Clear braces
- Ceramic braces
- Lingual braces
- Self-ligating braces
- Invisible braces
- Traditional metal braces